Growing in Faith
Draw nearer to God by exploring the Bible and religious topics. Express your faith in new ways through spiritual practices and small group discussion. Adult Learning offers Bible studies, book studies, classes and events to deepen your faith and help you apply it to your daily life.
Living the Message
Living the Message is designed to build vibrant faith in the members and friends of Mount Olivet Church. It is an all-congregation, Bible-focused movement to make Bible discovery accessible, convenient, and welcoming while creating fellowship and friendship among participants.
For more information about Living the Message, contact Pastor Ruud.
Bible & Religion
Mondays Together – Meets Mondays at the West Campus from 7-8:30am. Click here to register.
Tuesdays Together – Meets Tuesdays at the Mpls Campus from 7-8:30pm. Click here to Register.
Wednesday Word – Meets Wednesdays at the Mpls Campus from 10:30am or 11am-12noon. Click here to Register.
Thursday Word – Meets Thursdays at the West Campus from 10-11am. Click here to Register.
Personal & Spiritual Growth
Chair Holy Yoga – Meets Mondays & Wednesdays at the Mpls Campus from 12:15-1:15pm.
Spiritual Energy Healing – Meets Mondays in Room 457 at the Mpls Campus from 6-9:30pm
Introduction to Infant Massage – contact Marnie Carlson at 612.767.2213 or by email.
Evening Book Discussion
Mpls: 2nd Wednesdays, 7-8:30pm, Library (no registration needed)
- September 11 – The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
- October 9 – Women Rowing North by Mary Pipher
- November 13 – The Red Daughter by John Burnham Schwartz
- December 11 – Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine: A Novel by Gail Honeyman
- January 8 – Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- February 12 – The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen
- March 11 – Waking up White: And Finding Myself in the Story of Race by Debby Irving
- April 8 – Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- May 13 – The Witch Elm by Tana French
- June 10 – Small Fry by Lisa Brennan-Jobs.
Mid-Day Book Discussion
Mpls: 3rd Tuesdays, 11:30am-1pm, Library (no registration needed)
- January – Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- February – Stars Over Clear Lake by Loretta Ellsworth
- March – Saving Simon by Jon Katz
- April – Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- May – Educated by Tara Westover
- June – Rosemary by Kate Clifford Larson
- July – The Book That Matters Most by Ann Hood
- August – Until Tomorrow, Mr. Marsworth by Sheila O’Connor
- September – Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- October – Take Me With You by Catherine Ryan Hyde
- November – Carnegie’s Maid by Marie Benedict
- December – A Dog Called Hope by Jason Morgan
For more information about Book Discussions, contact Pastor Ruud at 612.767.2261 or by email.
LGBTQ Voice and Verse
LGBTQ Voice and Verse is an educational opportunity of communal study in love, support, and continued understanding of all aspects of gender identity and sexual orientation in faithful life together. Through shared experience, discussion, and learning, the gathering seeks to build mutual awareness and insight in this particular reality of faith and life toward honor and love for all. All persons with diverse viewpoints are welcomed and held safe at these meetings. Discussions are held the second Tuesday of each month, 6-6:45pm in Room 208.
If you’d like more information about LGBTQ Voice and Verse, contact Pastor Ruud at 612.767.2261 or by email.
Career & Calling
Career & Calling offers Mount Olivet members and friends a faith-based arena for nurturing careers. Join us for quarterly events – like delicious hot breakfasts with thought leaders presenting topics like purpose, balance, and professional growth, or our annual summer event where we cheer on the Twins and our networking community. We are all about aligning our WHY and our work to share our God-given gifts with the world.