Make Your Faith Your Own
Confirmation occurs during the 7th and 8th grade years in school. The Confirmation program helps 7th and 8th graders learn more about the bible and their faith while forming important relationships with their peers, pastors, and youth staff and mentors. Along the way, students not only learn about their faith, but make it their own. Confirmation includes weekly meetings, guided by pastors, youth staff, and confirmation mentors, as well as several retreat and camping experiences. Students celebrate their affirmation of baptism in September of their 9th grade school year.
7th Grade Retreat
Please register now for your required 7th grade Confirmation retreat! Registration fills up fast and only 23 boys and 23 girls can go on each retreat, secure your spot today! These retreats are a great way to get to know your fellow classmates, youth staff and Pastors! We will have a fun night of great food, games, swimming in the pool, devotions and sacred ground! We offer 4 retreats and you are welcome to go to any one. Please note the bus leaves from the Minneapolis campus for 2 retreats and the West campus for 2 retreats. See you there!
Drop off time is 4:45pm on Friday and the pickup time is 10:30am on Saturday.
If you have questions about the retreats, please contact Angie St. Dennis.
Register for West Campus 2019-2020 Confirmation
7-8:15pm Confirmation – Register
- Attend 20 worship services *Remember to fill out the Connect @ Mount Olivet card in the pew & place it in the offering plate.
- Fill out 4 Sermon Notes. Click here for a PDF of Sermon Notes.
- Complete 8 service hours. For information about service opportunities contact:
- Sunday School helper – Amy Porthan and Katy Michaletz
- Sunday morning Nursery Helper – Katy Michaletz
- Food Drive – Geoff Arenson and Kate Belschner
- AGP – Anna St. Dennis
- Chancel Choir – Amanda Jenkins
- Sunday Serve – Anna St. Dennis and Kate Belschner
- Live Nativity -Saturday, December 12th 10:15-11:45am – Katy Michaletz
- Vacation Bible School – Amy Porthan
- Angel Gifts -The Saturday before Palm Sunday – Laurie Hancer
- MOCW Holiday Boutique: Dala House -first Saturday in November – Geoff Arenson
7th Grade Confirmation Orientation
Wednesday, September 11th from 7-8pm Mpls Sanctuary
Wednesday, September 18th from 7-8pm West Sanctuary
All incoming 7th grade Confirmands and Parents please attend the 7th grade Confirmation Orientation. You are welcome to attend at the Mpls or the West campus regardless of where you will be attending Confirmation classes. You will receive your Confirmation small group class assignment on this night! You will also meet the Jr. High and Confirmation Youth staff and Pastors. You will learn more about the program, other service project opportunities, Chancel choir and special events and requirements. See you there!