Growing in Faith
Draw nearer to God by exploring the Bible and religious topics. Express your faith in new ways through spiritual practices and small group discussion. Adult Learning offers Bible studies, book studies, classes and events to deepen your faith and help you apply it to your daily life.
Living the Message
Living the Message is designed to build vibrant faith in the members and friends of Mount Olivet Church. It is an all-congregation, Bible-focused movement to make Bible discovery accessible, convenient, and welcoming while creating fellowship and friendship among participants.
For more information about Living the Message, contact Carol Throntveit at 612.767.2246 or by email.
Bible & Religion
Mondays Together – Meets Mondays at the West Campus from 7-8:30pm. Click here to Register.
Tuesdays Together – Meets Tuesdays at the Mpls Campus from 7-8:30pm. Click here to Register.
Wednesday Word – Meets Wednesdays at the Mpls Campus from 9:30-11am. Click here to Register.
Thursday Word – Meets Thursdays at the West Campus from 10-11:30am. Click here to Register.
Contact Carol Throntveit at 612.767.2246 or by email for more information.
Personal & Spiritual Growth
Chair Holy Yoga – Meets Mondays & Wednesdays at the Mpls Campus from 12:15-1:15pm
Devotional Chair Yoga – Tuesdays at the West Campus from 12-1pm
Spiritual Energy Healing – Meets Mondays at the 1700 Building from 6-9:30pm
Introduction to Infant Massage – contact Carol Throntveit at 612.767.2246 or by email.
Evening Book Discussion
Mpls: 2nd Wednesdays, 7-8:30pm, Library (no registration needed)
- January 9 – Pachinko by Jin Lee
- February 13 – America’s First Daughter by Stephanie Dray
- March 13- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- April 10 – We Were the Lucky Ones by Georgia Hunter
- May 8 – Killers of the Flower Moon by David Grann
- June 12 – The Great Alone by Kristen Hannah
Mid-Day Book Discussion
Mpls: 3rd Tuesdays, 11:30am-1pm, Library (no registration needed)
- January – Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- February – Stars Over Clear Lake by Loretta Ellsworth
- March – Saving Simon by Jon Katz
- April – Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- May – Educated by Tara Westover
- June – Rosemary by Kate Clifford Larson
- July – The Book That Matters Most by Ann Hood
- August – Until Tomorrow, Mr. Marsworth by Sheila O’Connor
- September – Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- October – Take Me With You by Catherine Ryan Hyde
- November – Carnegie’s Maid by Marie Benedict
- December – A Dog Called Hope by Jason Morgan
Women’s Book Discussion
Mpls: Wednesdays, 11am-12noon, Room 208.
Meers for 4-weeks, in-depth book discussions three times a year (January, April, October). Registration required.
For more information about Book Discussions, contact Carol Throntveit at 612.767.2246 or by email.
Career & Calling
Are you looking for opportunities to grow professionally, network with others, and listen for God’s will for your work life? Career & Calling supports you at any stage of your career with inspiration, fellowship, and learning.
To learn more about Career & Calling, contact Liz Otteson at 612.767.2268 or by email.