Growing in Faith
Draw nearer to God by exploring the Bible and religious topics. Express your faith in new ways through spiritual practices and small group discussion. Adult Learning offers Bible studies, book studies, classes and events to deepen your faith and help you apply it to your daily life.
Living the Message
Living the Message is designed to build vibrant faith in the members and friends of Mount Olivet Church. It is an all-congregation, Bible-focused movement to make Bible discovery accessible, convenient, and welcoming while creating fellowship and friendship among participants.
For more information about Living the Message, contact Carol Throntveit at 612.767.2246 or by email.
Bible & Religion
Mondays Together – Meets Mondays at the West Campus from 7-8:30pm. Click here to register.
Tuesdays Together – Meets Tuesdays at the Mpls Campus from 7-8:30pm. Click here to Register.
Wednesday Word – Meets Wednesdays at the Mpls Campus from 9:30-11am. Click here to Register.
Thursday Word – Meets Thursdays at the West Campus from 10-11:30am. Click here to Register.
Contact Carol Throntveit at 612.767.2246 or by email for more information.
Personal & Spiritual Growth
Chair Holy Yoga – Meets Mondays & Wednesdays at the Mpls Campus from 12:15-1:15pm and Fridays at the West Campus from 10-11am.
Spiritual Energy Healing – Meets Mondays at the 1700 Building from 6-9:30pm
Introduction to Infant Massage – contact Carol Throntveit at 612.767.2246 or by email.
Evening Book Discussion
Mpls: 2nd Wednesdays, 7-8:30pm, Library (no registration needed)
- September 11 – The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
- October 9 – Women Rowing North by Mary Pipher
- November 13 – The Red Daughter by John Burnham Schwartz
- December 11 – Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine: A Novel by Gail Honeyman
- January 8 – Turtles All the Way Down by John Green
- February 12 – The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen
- March 11 – Waking up White: And Finding Myself in the Story of Race by Debby Irving
- April 8 – Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- May 13 – The Witch Elm by Tana French
- June 10 – Small Fry by Lisa Brennan-Jobs.
Mid-Day Book Discussion
Mpls: 3rd Tuesdays, 11:30am-1pm, Library (no registration needed)
- January – Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- February – Stars Over Clear Lake by Loretta Ellsworth
- March – Saving Simon by Jon Katz
- April – Being Mortal by Atul Gawande
- May – Educated by Tara Westover
- June – Rosemary by Kate Clifford Larson
- July – The Book That Matters Most by Ann Hood
- August – Until Tomorrow, Mr. Marsworth by Sheila O’Connor
- September – Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- October – Take Me With You by Catherine Ryan Hyde
- November – Carnegie’s Maid by Marie Benedict
- December – A Dog Called Hope by Jason Morgan
Women’s Book Discussion
Mpls: Wednesdays, 9-10am, Room 482.
Meets for 4-weeks, in-depth book discussions three times a year (January, April, October). Registration required.
For more information about Book Discussions, contact Carol Throntveit at 612.767.2246 or by email.
Career & Calling
Are you looking for opportunities to grow professionally, network with others, and listen for God’s will for your work life? Career & Calling supports you at any stage of your career with inspiration, fellowship, and learning.