Update on In-Person Worship
For in-person Sunday worship we will no longer require registration or social distancing and have resumed congregational singing. Those who are fully vaccinated no longer need to wear a mask in accordance with CDC and MDH guidelines. Those who are not fully vaccinated are asked to wear a mask while indoors.
Your Safety is Our Priority
I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of the Lord.” –Psalm 122:1
We are delighted to begin welcoming our worshiping community back into our sanctuaries for worship. As we do so, your safety, and the safety of others, will continue to be our priority. For this reason, we are outlining the following steps and procedures with the counsel of medical professionals within and beyond the Mount Olivet community and following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health. Please review them with care:
- Worship services will be offered at 9am and 10am at both campuses.
- Those who are fully vaccinated no longer need to wear a mask in accordance with CDC and MDH guidelines. Those who are not fully vaccinated are asked to wear a mask while indoors.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the lower narthex and narthex areas.
- There will be no bulletins and no offering taken during the service. There will be offering plates available in the narthex as you enter or exit the sanctuary.
- There will be staff members available at each worship service to offer guidance to attendees.
We have worked conscientiously to provide a safe worshiping environment over the last year and this will continue to be a priority. A reminder that if you are not feeling well, have an underlying health condition or live with someone who does, please stay home and worship with us online. We understand you cannot and should not participate on Sundays. And, as we’ve learned so often over the last year, all of these plans are subject to change depending on the circumstances and in light of what we learn.