Your Safety is Our Priority
I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go into the house of the Lord.” –Psalm 122:1
We are delighted to begin welcoming our worshiping community back into our sanctuaries for worship. As we do so, your safety, and the safety of others, will continue to be our priority. For this reason, we are outlining the following steps and procedures with the counsel of medical professionals within and beyond the Mount Olivet community and following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health. Please review them with care:
- Worship services will be offered at 9am and 11am at both campuses.
- Registration is required so we know how many people are coming and in case we need to contact trace. Please note:
- Registration for the current week’s worship will begin on Monday morning at 9am. See registration link below.
- If you are having difficulty registering or do not have access to register online, you may call Nancy Nelson at 612.767.2264 to reserve your spot. Nancy is the only staff member authorized to register members for in-person worship. If you call the church office, there will be a menu option to direct your call to her extension.
- We will welcome to worship 200 worshipers per service at the Mpls Campus and 100 worshipers per service at the West Campus. This number will not include staff and musicians. We will increase our numbers as conditions improve.
- Doors will be open 30 minutes before worship and the prelude will begin 15 minutes prior to worship.
- When you arrive, to our campuses, we ask that you enter and exit the building through doors 1 and 2 (by the main sanctuary outside our parking lot).
- You will be welcomed by a staff members, and check-in with them before entering the sanctuaries.
- All worshipers are required to wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the check in-tables.
- There will be no bulletins, no singing, and no offering taken during the service. There will be offering plates available in the narthex as you enter or exit the sanctuary.
- Please honor social distancing practices and remain 6 feet apart from other people.
- At the Mpls Campus, we have marked spaces in the sanctuary where seating is reserved.
- At the West Campus, we ask that you sit with four chairs in-between individuals not from the same family and family units.
- After worship the pastors will dismiss the congregation by rows, starting with the back working towards the front of the sanctuary (to maximize social distancing). We request that you please exit the building following worship. Thank you.
- There will be staff members available at each worship service to offer guidance to attendees.
We have worked conscientiously to provide a safe worshiping environment over the last year and this will continue to be a priority. A reminder that if you are not feeling well, have an underlying health condition or live with someone who does, please stay home and worship with us online. We understand you cannot and should not participate on Sundays. And, as we’ve learned so often over the last year, all of these plans are subject to change depending on the circumstances and in light of what we learn.