Aug
26
August 26
Sunday 8:30 AM
This is for communion that takes place at either campus
Minneapolis: Serley Chapel
Aug
26
August 26
Sunday 9:00 AM
The Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost & Cathedral of the Pines Camp Sunday
~Sermon: Pastor Kalland
~Music: Amanda Nicklaus & Sarah Weibel
~Communion: 8:30am
~Sunday Church School: resumes in fall
~The Way: resumes in fall
~Nursery: 9 and 10am

Sarah Weibel and Amanda Nicklaus met in Cathedral Choir at Mount Olivet West. Sarah is studying English at the University of Minnesota, and Amanda graduated from Belmont University with a degree in English. The two enjoy performing together and particularly love making music when they’re at Cathedral of the Pines.
West: Sanctuary
Aug
26
August 26
Sunday 9:00 AM
The Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost & Cathedral of the Pines Camp Sunday
~Sermon: Pastor Lose
~Music: Genevieve Kalland, soprano
~Communion: 8:30am
~Sunday Church School: resumes in fall
~The Way: resumes in fall
~Nursery: 9,10


Minneapolis: Main Sanctuary- Minneapolis Campus
Sep
02
September 02
Sunday 8:30 AM
This is for communion that takes place at either campus
Minneapolis: Serley Chapel
Sep
02
September 02
Sunday 9:00 AM
Fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost
~Sermon: Pastor Hammersten
~Music: Barbary Coast Dixieland Band
~Communion: 8:30am
~Sunday Church School: resumes in fall
~The Way: resumes in fall
~Nursery: 9,10


The Barbary Coast Dixieland Band was elected to the Minnesota Music Hall of Fame in 2001 and rated among the finest entertainers in the Midwest. The band has played everywhere — from the Mississippi paddlewheel boats and the Minnesota State Fair, to Nagasaki, Japan. Over the past 30+ years they have regularly provided musical ministry in churches involving over 40 Sundays each year. Their mission is to "Make a Joyful Noise unto the Lord" and their music provides an uplifting experience for both the musicians and the congregation.
Minneapolis: Main Sanctuary- Minneapolis Campus

CELEBRATING THE COMPLETION OF PHASE I

Building on a Strong Foundation – with Christ as Our Rock

Elevator Approximately 15.1 million gallons of water were pumped to dig the footings for the elevator. Pumps operated 24/7 for three weeks. It took nearly three truckloads of concrete to pour the foundation for the elevator. ­e new elevator and new 1400 square foot lower narthex provide a welcoming atmosphere for members and guests.

Entry All of the stone was laid by hand and was received from the same quarry as the church’s original stone. Fellowship Hall ­e Fellowship Hall was originally built in 1949. New technology and soundproofing have been added. ­e updated Fellowship Hall is now a light and bright space for large events such as the annual fashion show attended by over 450 church members and guests, and for our annual Stewardship dinners held in September.

Kitchen Th­e original kitchen was 2575 square feet; the new kitchen is 3825 square feet. 120 yards of concrete were used for the new kitchen floor. ­The first dinner served in the new kitchen was the Lutefisk Dinner, which served 1500 people. More than 500 events are held each year.

Lounge Kitchen ­The original lounge kitchen was built in 1959. During this update, a wall was moved to make room for a center island and dishwasher. ­e new lounge kitchen is now equipped to provide hospitality for church members and guests for years to come.

Parking Lot ­there are over 600 feet of 54-inch culverts under the parking lot to help with drainage of surface water. ­e parking lot is designed to minimize the flow of rainwater in the city storm sewer system. 13 volunteer gardeners helped plant more than 300 shrubs and 32 shade trees, including Cathedral Elms, in the east island beds. Thank You!